Carrot dog and Mustard recipe, with assembly on how to make The Best Hot Dog in the World! Pylsusinnep recipe adapted from Arousing Appetites.
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beer Einstök Ölgerð Arctic Pale Ale
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup dry mustard I used Colemans and it was SPICY.
- 1/4 cup light beer I used Einstök Ölgerð Arctic Pale Ale
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp agave nector
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp salt
Boil or steam carrots until soft, but still firm enough to not break apart. I use the pressure cooker Manual 3 minutes with a quick release.
Immediately run carrots under cold water, blanch in ice if you can.
Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over carrots. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours.
Heat carrots in a pan with a little marinade until they are warm, and slightly caramelized.
Mix dry mustard powder with beer. Then add the rest of the ingredients, adding more to taste.
1. Warm Bun
2. Add Carrot Dog
3. Pylsussinep (Mustard)
6. Fried Onions
7. Raw Shallot