Kenyan Stewed Beef
- 2 red onions ,chopped
- 1 steak tip recipe (recipe below)
- 1 inch ginger root , minced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- .5 tsp hot paprika
- .5 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tomatoes , chopped
- 2 carrots , sliced
- 1 potato , cubed
- 1.5 cups beef flavored broth
- 1 jalapeno , sliced, for garnish
- fresh cilantro , for garnish
Brown onion in oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven.
Add beef tips and brown.
Add ginger, garlic, paprikas, and curry powder. Stir to coat.
Add carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes. Use some broth to deglaze. Season with salt and pepper.
Add remaining broth and simmer, uncovered, for about an hour until the stew becomes thick and most of the liquid reduces.
Serve over mashed potatoes, mashed plantains, or chapati.