Vegan HaliDip and Donair Sauce
Course: Appetizer, Dip, Sauce
HaliDip (Adapted from Mmm...is for Mommy)
- 1 lb tofu crumbles
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper each
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese I used Tofuti
- 1/2 cup shredded Daiya mozzarella
- 1 cup donair sauce recipe below
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- 1 bag pita chips
Donair Sauce (from One Green Planet)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 8 hours
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon tablespoon plus 1apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
In a non stick skillet heat the tofu with seasons. When warmed and toasty, add the cream cheese and mix until incorporated.
Transfer mixture into a small casserole dish, and fold in mozzarella and donair sauce.
When ready to serve, bake in 350° oven for 20 minutes. Top with diced tomatoes and serve with pita chips.
Drain cashews and blend with milk and agave. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a boil with remaining ingredients. Lower heat until thick.