Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce
Cuisine: South East Asian
- ¼ head Napa Cabbage , chopped
- 1 medium carrot , shredded
- ½ pound green beans , halved
- 1 potato , cubed (or leftover roasted potatoes)
- Bean sprouts , handful
- ½ cucumber , thinly sliced *I forgot to add these, can omit if you want
- ½ block firm tofu
- French fried onions , handful
- Cilantro leaves , handful torn
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp Miso paste
- 2 tsp Kecap Manis
- 2 tsp Vegetarian Fish Sauce
- 1 red chilli pepper , minced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
Place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth. Set aside.
Tip, tail, and chop green beans in half. Blanch for two minutes. Transfer to ice water bath, drain, blot dry, and add to salad bowl.
Add shredded carrots, cabbage, cucumber, and bean sprouts to salad bowl.
Chopped dried tofu, coat with corn or potato starch, and fry in a pan with vegetable oil. Add to salad bowl.
Parboil a potato, chop up, and lightly fry in a pan with vegetable oil until lightly browned. Add to salad bowl.
Sprinkle fried onions and cilantro over salad. Drizzle over peanut sauce and toss to coat.